Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mario Chalmers Retirement Jersey at University of Kansas

To experience the celebration of my son's jersey being retired was a great moment in time.  Just to think that he reached the highest level that a player can accomplish on the collegiate level as the jersey is spotlighted on the walls of the Allen Field house at the University of Kansas.  I must say that my heart filled with joy, but the real emotions really hit after the moment.

After the moment meant once I was back home and sat down, watched the speech again, reflected on the moment brought about great emotions.  Now it may seem strange that tears didn't fill my eyes which there were none as they all were in my heart.  My heart cried out as I felt that another chapter in mothering had been completed.  I now for some reason saw my son as the man he had become and is still becoming.  This moment had me reflect, but also release and become even more grateful that I was still able to experience the joy that not only I felt but all the feelings that he would experience upon completion of such a great moment.  This young man who is often referred to as Rio, the little brother by the Big Three, or the kid that many doubted as the million comments were made and are still being made only made my smile and faith increase even the more.

As always several scriptures came to mind to remind me that God's word is faithful.

  "Before you were formed in the womb I knew you" Jeremiah 1:5 and "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

As I think now the question was ok Lord what do have in store for this young man now? As exciting as this may sound it also made me experience a moment of fear in a weird way because I know that with every victory there is always some struggle and numerous lessons to be learned along the way.  So I pushed aside the fear and moved back into my stance of FAITH, thinking and saying "OK Lord I am now ready let the next chapter begin."  

Now I watch as well as pray!


Please also follow me on any of my Social Media Sites

Almarie Chalmers
PO Box 31-0844
Miami, FL 33231
AlmarieSpeaks@gmail.com
Mario V Chalmers Foundation.com
The Ball is in Your Court
 





No comments:

Post a Comment